Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Day 1, Week 2, CDW Workshop - THE BEST DAY EVER!

So, today was absolutely outstanding. Simon taught first, and it was about general composition (stuff that I didn't know) and what it takes to become amazing. Again straight to the point, pretty much work your butt off! Then we had Aaron Beck who designed a robot holding a gun. He's so quick at the most awesome details - he'd done work for Avatar the movie and District 9. But the most surprising was Jaime Jones, because even though I'd looked at his website, it was just so beautiful. His digital paintings look like oil paintings and I think I had a strong reaction since I was at the art gallery yesterday looking at oil paintings, and because that kind of work seems like it's been done by aliens with super awesome technology. He was also really articulate about answering questions. I didn't draw at all today because I didn't want to miss anything... Still, information overload, but I was hanging on every word, and took 30 A5 pages of notes. Anyway. That was my day. It was also fun riding there this morning because there was barely any traffic. I feel really lucky that I'm being taught by these people and I don't want it to end. #bringontomorrow #ifeelreallylucky #theybroughtmintsliceagain #inspiring #thankful

No comments:

Post a Comment