Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Sketchlings etc etc etc

Yes lots of sketching going on... They're not all from today and are just muck arounds and all copied from photos. I don't really feel like I'm working as hard as I should be. Last Friday at life drawing I was eavesdropping on a conversation with a couple of friends, one was trying to justify how he wasn't really happy with his work, and the other kept repeating, "draw more". It made me think about how I can get so attached to single drawings, you know, I've only drawn it once, so how can I expect to be doing my best work? I've had this all wrong for so long - not in a bad way, just my expectations on myself are highly unrealistic. I have a long way to go before I should be satisfied with anything I'm doing. Even drawings for friends, I feel a bit guilty, because I'll never actually be giving them the best stuff when it's only been drawn once... That's the honest truth, its not being overly critical, you have to be so that you can improve. As I said, I've got a long road ahead of me. #youbettawerk #stillfunwhatimdoing

Also, this is a portrait that I did for a friend which I finished yesterday. It took around 18 hours (over a few days), still super slow but it's my first 'painted in colour' portrait I've done in photoshop. Another thing is that I need to develop a method of painting - if I had of done this with acrylic painted I probably would have painted over it about 5 times to get the skin right, and then it probably would have taken somewhere around 3 to 6 months... 

No comments:

Post a Comment