Thursday, April 11, 2013

Drawings and sketches from today...




Did some drawing at the gym today (in the cafe area, too scared to take my sketchbook into the gym) - realized a while ago that its a great place to draw some odd bodies, and by odd I mean, they've over-developed some body parts such as shoulders, torso, neck and they look pretty funny... yeah with stick legs, those are the ones that are fun to draw though... The muscly guy isn't from life it was based on someone that I saw there and I'm still thinking about curved lines and straight lines/character design from the weekend. Also was people watching to look at different gestures.
Got to be time keeper again tonight at life drawing... I LOVE being time keeper. 1 min poses. I saw after the class that one of the guys is finishing off the minute poses at home, he's got a really good knowledge of anatomy, looked at his sketchbook... He is awesome, and a walking art history manual. Blew my mind, never thought about doing that but it's a really good idea. The final poses ended up a bit rushed tonight, but I still enjoyed it. I'm not planning on stopping experimenting and we only get 30mins at the max anyway.
5 min pose
8min pose
1min poses
10min pose
5min poses
5min pose
7min pose
10min pose
15min pose
25min pose
30min pose

No comments:

Post a Comment