Sunday, April 27, 2014

Workshop with Brian 'Footwork' Green at Gravity Studios in Adelaide on the 17th of April, 2014.



I almost didn't go to tonight's workshop with Brian 'Footwork' Green, because I was so tired from work and not really 100%. But, as usual by the end of the workshop, after doing hip hop, house, African and waacking, I was on top of the world, and had no idea what problems are... Dancing fixes everything! And Brian Green is amazing! AMAZING! He's been dancing for 35 years, and I think anyone who makes a life doing what they love are pretty awesome. What a legend! I feel so lucky that I get to do these workshops, these guys are the real celebrities for me.

I'm adding on to this - taken from a conversation with Minh-Tri Le asking what I got out of the workshop: The thing that I took away was that I asked him how he was able to stay dancing for so long, what he was doing. He used ballet as an example of not ripping his muscles in order to get his leg in places that his body actually wasn't capable of. It's the first time I've ever heard anyone talk about it, because most of the time I think dancers strive for perfection, sometimes even when it isn't physically possible for them and they still push it and by the time they're 40 they can't walk. I felt like I could relate because I'd like to be dancing for as long as possible. He also gave really good advice if you're looking for a career. My favourite class was the waacking, I just enjoyed it, and he used people as examples and gave really good direction to help them, I feel like performance is really lacking in Adelaide because we don't see it enough or don't know how to perform. As for the hip hop class I found that the most challenging and don't think I got anything... another reason why I was there!

#dancingfixeseverything #brianfootworkgreen

No comments:

Post a Comment